Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chick Pea Burgers...ehhhh....


So I decided to try and make these chick pea burgers that were mentioned over at From Scratch.

They were only okay. This might be for a couple of reasons:

1. I left out the hot pepper because I am afraid of spicy and if I'm making lunch, I want to be sure that I'll eat it.

2. I may have blended one batch of chick peas for too long making them into the liquid consistency she specifically said not to let it turn into. (I had several 'batches' because my food processor is smaller)

3. I didn't leave a whole can of chick peas un processed because I thought this might make the burger fall apart upon cooking. I only left about 1/3 of a can unprocessed.

I will say I did one thing right though. I cooked/grilled them on the George Foreman Grill. I didn't know whether to do a pan or the Foreman grill but doing it on the grill got both sides cooked without having to flip the patty...because these do have the tendency to fall apart.

Also, they kind of taste bland....which is why the mustard helps a lot.

They weren't the worst thing...Zeb even ate one for lunch with me. I do have about 5 more to eat, however. :/

I am just wondering what could have made them more exciting, more delicious.

Thoughts?

No comments: