Wednesday, March 18, 2009

QUALITY not QUANTITY

I had a client tell me recently that he started keeping track of his calories in an online calorie counter. I think those are great and there are many to choose from...if you want to know more about them, just ask.

Ok...so he showed me his daily calorie intake and this is basically how it read.
breakfast: poptart
snack: soda
snack: soda
snack: candy bar
lunch: subway

Ok...so while I am happy that he is now in the world of counting calories...I would say incorporating whole foods is a must. I think he only had consumed 800 calories so far that day....but it was 800 calories of NOTHING. Where are the vegetables? fruit?
I see sugar and processed meat....and more sugar...I am not saying you should never have a candy bar, but sandwich the candybar between two salads and I'll allow it.

So he may be staying within his calorie window for the day, but he is not putting anything good into his body.

The quality of the food we eat is very important. I don't even agree with the reports that show you the 'healthier' options at a fast food restaurant. Fast food should not be considered food...it is made up of all things bad. Sugar, high fructose corn syrup, salt, etc etc etc.

So take a closer look at your daily menu...Are you consuming mostly whole foods or processed foods?

No comments: