Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Scrapbooker

I was talking about my scrapbooking in an embarrassed way recently...talking about how I like it but how I feel nerdy about it and don't really want to scream from the rooftops that I am a scrapbooker and after all this, the response was:

"Life is too short"

And it's true. Life is too short to be embarrassed, especially about something I actually enjoy doing. So listen up everyone, I am a scrapbooker!!

I made a couple pages from our ski trip to Colorado.

The first one is about a Pineapple Upside Down cake.

Every year on Zeb's Birthday, he asks for tacos and Pineapple Upside Down cake (something his mom always makes for him). Now, I don't know why it took me so long to make the following discovery, but I didn't realize until we were about 2 hours away from Leadville that I should make a Pineapple Upside Down cake that evening for Zeb's Birthday. Since all we really did on his Birthday was drive for hours. and hours.

So we went to the grocery store upon arriving in town and I got the ingredients. I was so nervous that the cake wouldn't turn out right because:

1. I had never made one all by myself before.

2. I don't know how to bake in the altitude.

However, the cake turned out great. I hear it was delicious (I was on a special diet at this point) and I can attest to its beauty.

Now for the big reveal.

A page about a cake.




No comments: