Friday, December 23, 2011

Homemade Dog Treats

I'm pretty into making things myself and not very interested in buying things I'm pretty sure I can make.
I have been known, on more than one occasion, to say, "I could make that".

and most of the time I do...most of the time.

This year I had the idea to make my dog friends some homemade treats.

I used this recipe:

Ingredients
1 Banana
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Oats
1/2 cup Apple Sauce
1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Mash banana with a fork until smooth.
3. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
4. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
5. Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
6. Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until edges browned. Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen dog houses.(I used candy canes) 



My treats didn't turn out like crunchy dog biscuits, and I'm not sure if they were supposed to. They are, however, delicious and Peanut loved them so much I couldn't get a good picture of her eating one.

Have you ever tried making dog treats before?

No comments: