Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Night With Paul Simon.


Oh wow. We went to see Paul Simon last night at the Midland Theater and it was more than amazing.

The back story: Zeb came home one day to tell me that tickets for this show were going on sale the following Friday at 10am. So at 9:50am I was parked in front of the computer ready to get the best seats I could. Unfortunately, the seats were selling quick and I wasn't quick enough so we kept ending up with worse and worse seats. At that point I decided I didn't want to go if I had to sit in the back. I may have cried.

(I have a thing with concerts, if I'm not close enough to see some facial expression, I don't want to be there. I have a hard time seeing shows at the Sprint Center for this reason. If I'm going to watch the projection screen of you at the concert where you're performing, I would rather go home and put on the album and listen to your music. It's all the same to me.)

So....the dream of seeing Paul Simon wasn't panning out as I had hoped. Zeb (the calm one) thought we might have better luck calling Ticketmaster, and sure enough, we secured seats 15 rows back. Awesome seats. Amazing seats.

The show was so good.. Paul Simon was the cutest dancing man you've ever seen. His voice was beautiful and he and his band performed for two and a half hours. (He's 70!)

He played a lot of classic Paul Simon-"Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes"

some songs off his new album- "The Afterlife"

a couple of Simon and Garfunkel songs- "The Sound of Silence"

and some covers- "Here Comes the Sun"

It was the best night ever.

2 comments:

zeb said...

He was very cute and very very good. I will go see him with you any time. Next year, we have to go to the Graceland tour.

http://www.billboard.com/events/exclusive-paul-simon-planning-graceland-1005399232.story#/events/exclusive-paul-simon-planning-graceland-1005399232.story

We'll see "You Can Call Me Al" then I'm sure.

Kate H. said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I love Paul Simon. Sounds like an amazing time!