Saturday, February 25, 2012

Big Ideas


I have a lot of ideas these days.

1. The Oscar's Best Picture category shouldn't consist of a specific number of films every year, it should really just be the best films of the year, whether that is four films or twelve. With this they wouldn't be 'filling spots' with things like Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, which I haven't seen, but hear horrible things about. How's that for an informed opinion?!

2. It should be against the law for songs and radio ads to use siren sounds. This is a huge source of stress for me in the car: 

Is there a cop behind me? 
Is that siren on the radio? 
Should I pull over? 
What's going on? 

See? Very stressful.

3. Vegetarians and vegans should not use words like cheese, meat, etc. I am very supportive of the vegetarian and vegan movements. I believe in them fully and think we would all be healthier with a little less meat in our diets. However, using words like cheese and meat to describe a food that has neither cheese nor meat in it is doing these movements a disservice. If a meat eater is entering into a vegetarian food experience and something is called veggie bacon, they are going to expect bacon, not bacon's vegetarian counterpart. Veggie bacon, vegan cheese, etc should all be given new names.

That is all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with what you said about siren sounds! I think the same should be said for door bell sounds, at least on the tv. Every time my dogs hear a door bell they start barking and run to the door!