Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Party

For Zeb's Birthday we decided to have a party at the house to celebrate.

A beer tasting was the first thing we planned. We're lucky enough to have a liquor rep living next door so we asked him if he could lead that part of the party, and he did an amazing job. He gave a lot of interesting information, and people asked a lot of questions. It was fun to try all the different beers he picked out.

We served tacos for dinner and I was nervous all week about having enough food. I've never cooked for 20 people before and was totally unsure of how to feed all of them. I was most fearful that some people wouldn't get to eat. So in the end, I bought and prepared waaaaaay too much food. It's better than the latter, but we'll be eating tacos for months at this point. 

I also set up a DIY photobooth which I was pretty unsure of. Sometimes I get sucked blog land and there are all these cute ideas floating around, but when I emerge from blog land I'm unsure of whether the ideas are super cute and crafty and something everyone would really love or something only this crafty girl would love.  When I bought it up to Zeb he thought it was a good idea so we went ahead with it.

This photobooth was very DIY, but it was a hit at the party. I hung a sheet up to cover a wall, and Zeb had a couple boxes of props- wigs, hats and masks. We put the camera on a tripod and set up the custom timer to take 3 consecutive pictures 5 seconds apart.  There were over 200 pictures at the end of the night. This is just a sampling.

 

The party was super fun and I was exhausted by the end of it all. People started showing up before 6:00 and I finally sneaked off to bed around 1:00.

No comments: